What you need to know about this autism RBT course
Meets the QABA training standards to sit for the RBT exam board
There are autism topics that we will discuss in this training to prepare you to sit for the RBT exam. The topics are broken down to have a strong understanding of autism. There will be readings, recordings, knowledge checks, and a cumulative assessment. It is important to thoroughly read all content to full comprehension. This will ensure mastery on the exam and also give you the tools to perform well in your career as an RBT.
This training is designed to give basic knowledge you will need to be a competent RBT in the field. We encourage you to ensure you have mastered the material in each competency section before proceeding. You are encouraged to reach out to your supervisor for topics that are not 100% understood. If you use outside sources for additional information, please ensure they are legitimate sites. Usually sites that have .edu or .org are often good sources as opposed to social media sites.
According to the QABA standards:
• be at least 18 years old
• possess a minimum of a high school diploma or national equivalent
• have completed 40 hours of approved coursework (a minimum of 3 hours must be in ethics and a minimum of 5 hours in autism-specific treatment and support strategies)
• training must be completed within 5 years of application
• training must be developed by a credentialed or licensed professional within the scope of the field
• submit online the 15-hour supervised fieldwork attestation form completed by a supervisor
• submit online the recommendation form completed by a supervisor
• submit a copy of a government-issued photo ID
• submit a criminal background check via attestation form from an employer or from a third party if the employer does not provide the attestation form
• pass the exam
• complete the QABA online survey after successful completion of the exam
• submit an online attestation agreement to renewal schedule, code of ethics, and fees
This course was developed by Jessica Swanson M.A., BCBA
Ms. Swanson also holds her QASP-S credential under the QABA board.